Saturday, December 17, 2016

An Introduction of Sorts

The Art of Catting

= Introduction =

For all intents and purposes, or should I say "Purrposes?" My name is Andy, I am 32 years of age, I have been doing artwork sense i could pick up a pen or pencil. About 3 years ago, I had an experience that lead me to further polish my love for drawing what most consider to be mythical creatures.  2 and a half years later, I attended my first art fair and sale down in California where the seed, as it were, was planted.

 As far as the other things I do with the spare time I have, I am an avid reader, retro gamer, and sparse role-player when time permits. I also have a penchant for writing, which is a key reason for starting this blog. There may not be much happening at the home-front in life, however, the small nuances of one day to the next bring interesting surpises.


I also have a Youtube channel that I don't have as many was to update as used to due to lack of webcam built into the laptop and lugging a large one around that looks like ET with the occulus eye from small soldiers(tm) can be a pain. On that channel, I post some of hte advocacy work that I do when called into meeting, and other functions like public speaking. I also post what may seem like wild and out there tehories connecting the seemingly unreal world of "Video games" To our modern world and experience through tangential learning. This is not unlike what the Youtube creator "MattPat" does in his near weekly show "Game theory". On a side note, I am still thinking about doing a "The Legend of Spyro" lets-watch AKA "Let's play" on live stream at some point. However, for this to happen, I will have to acquire an actual gamecube and a video out to my laptop. We'll see what becomes of that in the near future.

For those of you who are interested in my work as a self advocate/Advocate AKA "Ad-vocat" I can furnish you a breif (or somewhat brief) history on that. My parents, of all people, alerted me that there was an emerging "Autism rights" movement hitting the internet and that these people shared some of the same opinions and feelings about treatments, therapies and gropu homes that I had. In the following years, I became a frequent presence
on the chatroom channel "#chatautism" for a few years. A year after, I joined an organization called "CTIC" in Anoka, MN. I have been giving public speaches at Meridian services staff meetings and other functions , as well as speaking at Highschools around the local area. I am also the acting president of Meridian's in-house advocacy group "Team Advocacy" .

All that aside and said, I look foward to posting more content on here in the future. The content will range from though provoking essays to Plot synopses of films or games that could have been. Check back here often.

No comments:

Post a Comment